List of SAWN Writing & Editing Services [http://sawn.co.za/list-sawn-writing-editing-services/
Caxton Magazines currently seeks an experienced Copy Editor to join their Johannesburg-based editorial team who will ensure all copy is factually correct and suitable for their publications across multiple platforms. Ideally the candidate should have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, be accurate and have an eagle eye for detail. The person for the job must possess a natural love for the brand, be willing to contribute to the magazine and ensure the magazine maintains its high standards.
- Copy editing of printed and online articles in order to present an article free of factual, spelling, grammatical or stylistic errors.
- Write/rewrite copy for marketing pages.
- Final sign off of pages prior to printing.
- Check copy for readability and style.
- Undertakes research and confirms sources for writers as well as verify facts.
- Ensure copy and layout work well together.
- Prepare copy for print.
- Work according to format.
- Assist the Editor and Managing Editor with ensuring strict adherence to copy deadlines.
- Contribute to magazine content and cover lines during ideation meetings.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends and thinking in magazine brands.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Journalism, English or writing experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in copy-editing, preferably on a magazine.
- Excellent rewriting, research and language skills.
- A high level of computer literacy (proficiency in InCopy or InDesign/Woodwing is preferable)
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong interest in current life style trends.
- Must enjoy attending food-related events and venues.
- Be visually strong, ensuring copy and layout have good cohesion
- An excellent command of the English language.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate an interest in social media.
- The ability to look beyond the obvious grammar issues in a story and to question its validity, sources and information.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of the BONA brand, its readers & the magazine industry.
Apply to email@example.com
Posted on 17 April 2018
|Company:||Etiket Brand Design|
We are looking for a freelance copywriter starting 23 April until the end of May 2018.
We believe that in order to be relevant, a brand needs to build belief through narrative by placing focus on:
1. Creating or evolving the brand in context: A brand should be understood, loved, and bought because people believe in it! This belief can only be created by telling a brand’s story in context. 2. Inspiring action: To create belief requires action. That’s why we create campaigns which inspire people to act.
You need to be extremely detail focused and experience in the financial industry is a must.
If this sounds like something you can do, then give us a holler and you might just be the next Etikettie!
Posted on 17 April 2018
Apply by email to Mbali Buthelezi – firstname.lastname@example.org