List of SAWN Writing & Editing Services [http://sawn.co.za/list-sawn-writing-editing-services/]
|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Journalist / Copywriter
The Corporate Communication Division creates a competitive advantage for Stellenbosch University by strategically positioning the brand favourably, implementing effective communication programmes and optimising stakeholder relationship management, thereby enabling the University to realise its aspiration of being an inclusive, innovative and future-focused institution. The division offers a dynamic and interesting work environment. Most of the division’s activities are deadline-driven, fast-paced and linked to extended working hours. The journalist/copywriter will be part of the team responsible for communication and stakeholder relations, and report directly to the content hub coordinator. The purpose of the position is to write copy for various print and digital communication channels aligned with the division’s integrated communication strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for producing high-quality content for features, reports, media releases, websites and video on a wide variety of subjects ranging from research to student life.
- Conducting interviews and/or research for compiling content for any of the following: coverage of campus events and student life; research, news releases; media responses; articles for various campus publications (digital and printed) and marketing material aimed at various external and internal stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with various stakeholders to source content and ideas for articles
- Rewriting copy for different target audiences and platforms
- Editing, translating and proofreading (in English and Afrikaans) support for various types of editorial material generated within the division. The division has access to professional editing and translations services, but deadlines for media releases often necessitate immediate translation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Corporate Communication, or equivalent qualification
- At least three years’ experience in Journalism or Corporate Communication
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of digital, printed and other communication channels, principles and practices, including social media
- Ability to write very well and to function effectively in a multilingual (proficiency in Afrikaans and English) and multicultural environment
- Meticulous execution of functions and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and in a team, and to use own initiative
- Ability to function well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness and availability to work irregular / long hours
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- Ability to write equally well in both Afrikaans and English
Commencement of duties: 1 May 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 28 March 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Susan van der Merwe, Director: Communication and Stakeholder Relations at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.
Posted on 13 Mar 09:48
Mid-Heavyweight TTL Copywriter
|Location:||Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs|
A creative advertising agency is looking to recruit a talented middle to heavyweight copywriter. This candidate would be required to get involved in research, conceptualising TTL campaigns, proof checking, client presentations and copy and script writing.
- Must be creative with advertising agency experience.
- Great conceptual and writing skills as well as good communication and people skills.
- TTL experience is essential.
Posted on 13 Mar 09:47
Contact Ann-Marie Aveling at Adlink Personnel Placements