List of SAWN Writing & Editing Services [http://sawn.co.za/list-sawn-writing-editing-services/]
|Remuneration:||R20000 – R25000 per month TCTC|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment|
Our client is a full-service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. Their extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name a few. They are looking for talented junior copywriters to join their team.
Summary of main duties include but not limited to:
- Translating the brief and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solution
- Presentation of work to the creative group head and/or creative director
- Together with an art director, generate effective, innovative, and compelling creative concepts for individual ads or campaigns based on sound strategies
- Proactively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Direct and produce effective, impactful, and compelling advertising that reflects insight into the task, the brand and the target market
- Write copy and scripts for electronic/digital media
- Direct radio towards a high-quality final product
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Writing and production for radio
Kindly submit a link to portfolio along with a concise CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of your application, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Minimum relevant experience and skills required:
- Four+ years of copywriting experience within an agency
- Conceptual and exceptional advertising ability
- A portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Flair for writing imaginative, broad, intrusive, creative and original work
- Understanding of advertising as a selling tool
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which require a concept and a thought through process
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Finely honed copywriting skills and latest techniques
- Have a great sense of humour
- Must demonstrate creative insight and brilliance for client solutions across all media platforms.
- Detail-obsessed big thinker, passionate and hard-working, self-motivated team player with the ability to grasp a client’s strategy and brand, and deliver beautiful, insightful, polished work
- Ideally a degree/diploma in copywriting or journalism
- Be proficient in Powerpoint/Keynote, MS Word
Posted on 06 June
Contact Martin Janse van Rensburg – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#TPP CW 01|
|Company:||The People Practice|
Position purpose: The copywriter is responsible for content development for any aspect of stakeholder and financial reporting based on:
– JSE listings requirements
– South African Companies Act
– The International Integrated Reporting Council’s IR framework
– The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)’s G4 guidelines/standards
– King IV
The applicable frameworks can change depending on client requirements and/or geographies or as these frameworks evolve over time. Stakeholder reporting includes, but are not limited to, integrated reports and sustainable development reports. You may be required to fulfil more than one role, including, but not limited to, key account manager, head of advisory and reporting strategist/advisor. This will depend on client allocation and company needs.
The copywriter reports to the head of advisory. This may change depending on organisational structure changes.
Requirements: Key performance areas
- Research: Conducting research on clients, peers, and industries (local and international) for use in report writing, expanding the internal knowledge base, etc.
- Writing: Writing of stakeholder reports (including integrated and sustainability reports) ensuring compliance with the client brief and the technical requirements (including IIRC IR Framework, GRI G4, etc.). This includes an effective collection of information as well as conducting interviews with client personnel, compiling templates and questionnaires, etc.
- It requires:
- Excellent language proficiency, appropriate and adaptable writing style and ability to formulate concisely and creatively.
- Ability to create content for targeted audiences via print and digital channels, including demonstrating a solid understanding of business principles (financial and non-financial) and creativity.
- Ability to deliver according to approved timeline and client brief.
- Development of relationships of trust with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to interview and interact with listed company chairmen, chief executive officers, chief financial officers, etc.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with internal teams, including designers, project managers (PM), typesetters (DTP) and digital developers, to deliver seamless integrated, quality products to the clients. This includes internal meetings as required by the workflow process and requires internal relationship building.
- Advisory administration: Ensure all internal administration/workflow requirements are maintained and completed according to company standard. This includes identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Sales and upselling: Sales presentations to new clients and upselling to existing clients.
- It requires:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of company service offering and the ability to deliver on these with the key account manager.
- Client retention and network building.
- Support and understanding of the company’s strategy.
Essential key competencies:
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Compliance with company policy and procedures
- Customer focus
- Drive for excellence
- Organisation and planning skills
- Problem solving and innovation
- Responsibility and accountability
- Verbal and written communication
Qualifications and specifications:
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two years’ writing experience, with high energy levels and a commitment to making a difference.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in English.
- Excellent Microsoft Windows: Word, Outlook and Power Point is a requirement.
The following will be an advantage:
- A postgraduate degree.
- Exposure to the print or digital industries or journalism.
- Previous integrated report or sustainability report writing experience.
- Ability to provide examples of work.
Note that a passport and own transport are required as there may be travel in South Africa and/or abroad.
Posted on 24 May
Contact Svenja Marais – email@example.com
Digital Conceptual Copywriter
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
|Company:||Associated Media Publishing|
Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire South Africa are on the lookout for a skilled digital copywriter with a big passion for beautiful digital content marketing. The perfect candidate would marry an agency background with a passion for our iconic magazine brands, and would spend their time coming up with digital concepts, and roll outs, that partner us with advertiser brands in a way that is authentic, engaging, and (most importantly) upholds our editorial integrity.
- At least three years’ experience in advertising (in a copywriting role)
- At least one of these years should be focused on digital copywriting
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to conceptualise fully-fledged digital campaigns that leverage all digital touch points
- Excellent written skills
- Able to conceptualise strong ideas for pitch, as well as roll them out
- Able to write longer form articles, as well as shorter social media captions
- Basic HTML skills
- Comfortable posting to social media platforms if necessary
- Experience in uploading content and images on a web-based CMS
- Ability to conceptualise and contribute strategically
- Knowledge, and ability to keep abreast, of popular culture and new developments and trends online
- Creative and passionate about digital publishing
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Appropriate tertiary level qualification in journalism, creative writing, marketing or media studies
Posted on 05 June
Contact Anita – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location:||Randburg, Northriding, Randburg|
We are looking for a dynamic Editor to join our team based in Randburg.
– Must be fast and use Premiere Pro
– Must have some know-how in terms of coloring & graphics
– Must be neat and organized.
– Must have extensive knowledge of codecs and delivery/working file formats. Different camera file formats and how to treat them best.
– basic knowledge of after effects essential
Posted on 07 Jun 17:15
Contact Talent Team – Jobs.email@example.com