List of SAWN Writing & Editing Services [http://sawn.co.za/list-sawn-writing-editing-services/
TheSouthAfrican.com is a socially driven publication that covers a wide range of topics. Our tongues are often firmly in our cheeks. We are searching for a part-time writer who can work on an ad-hoc basis as and when required. This job is ideally suited to a student or somebody with a passion for writing , looking to earn a few bob (not Mugabes) from it. We’re looking for somebody who has their finger on the pulse of a world that never sleeps. You must be as comfortable in writing about Itumeleng Khune’s face mask as you are about Emmerson Mnangagwa. If you don’t know who either of those people are, you probably shouldn’t apply. You will need your own laptop and own internet connection, but if you occasionally choose to do so, a hot desk can be made available in our Cape Town office space. We encourage flexibility, but have a strong emphasis on on availability and communication. Cape Town based writers preferred, but we will considering remote writers who are as impressive with words as AB de Villiers is with a bat. And as cool under pressure Kennedy Mweene.
This is not a full-time position: The work will be regular, but not always guaranteed.
Key performance areas:
- Putting a different spin on news stories, but staying serious when required
- Writing lists
- Writing explainers and other features
- Uploading wire content
- Flexible hours – some evenings and weekend work will be required
- Some sort writing experience
- Ability to prioritise news
- Knowledge – or at least an interest – in a wide range of topics
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles
- Impeccable grammar and spelling (English)
- Proven knowledge of social media
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work without any supervision
- Understanding of the difference between news, opinion and analysis
- Basic design skills
- Proven ability in news trendspotting/pre-viral ID
- Experience using WordPress
- Live blogging experience
TBD – this will be on a per day basis.
We’re not interested in your CV. This is a writing gig. Woo us with your words.
Please include your expected daily rate.
Potential candidates will be contacted to do a writing test prior to a full interview. Candidates will also undergo training before a final decision is made.
Posted on 17 Nov
Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Remuneration:||R14000 – R25000 per month Basic salary|
My client is looking for a diverse, conceptual, creative copywriter who will produce blogs, newsletters and personal communications that will reach clients, staff and stakeholders alike, you will produce handiwork that reaches diverse audiences and celebrates the beauty of Africa.
- At least two to three years of work experience (ideally in the production of travel writing and/or blogs or similar digital content)
- At least a vocational qualification in a field of language/literature/communications
- A passion for language and literature, with a flawless grasp of spelling and grammar
- Clear creative flair and a knack for inspirational writing
- The ability to distinguish and shift between tones and brands as quick as wink and as slick as a whistle. A sense of humour is also pretty important
- A pride in receiving and using constructive criticism in the improvement of written work
- An adaptable nature and a clear sense of comfort in a dynamic, tight-knit, team-based working environment
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs). Please note that we can only consider applications from South African citizens. Please note that your application must include a link to your portfolio, best writing samples, or similar examples of your work.
Posted on 17 Nov
Apply by email to Amy Molony – email@example.com
|Company:||Digipath Digital Recruitment|
Our client is seeking a Digital Editor that will ensure a robust, engaging web presence; that includes the production and publication of original written content, as well as video, podcasts and interactive media.
- Five years’ experience in a similar position.
- A business brain
- Relevant degree in journalism
- Proven journalistic track record
- Knowledge of media and publishing law
- Understanding of web development
- Knowledge of online business and advertising
- Proven social media and multimedia experience
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create editorial and multimedia content
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Excellent people skills
- Maintain quality and consistency across media types and all digital platforms, with special attention to driving increased traffic and brand visibility.
- Develop strategies for generating meaningful and engaging content (news, sport, lifestyle, business) that garners a high volume of visits and encourages awareness and excitement.
- Manage the process of taking consumer-targeted web content from concept to publication by overseeing and working with the digital editorial- and sales teams.
- Be part of processes that will follow the pipeline of brainstorming, assignment, production, editing and publication.
- Ensure overall quality and relevance of content on all of The Company’s digital platforms are of a high standard.
- Analyse statistics by working closely with the data analyst and discuss these on a regular basis with the relevant role players in order to grow the digital audience
- Manage the development and design of The Company’s existing properties to ensure it is relevant and delivering optimal results.
- Research and develop new properties in order to attract audiences and to grow digital advertising revenue.
- Grow and develop multi-media content.
- Ensure that social media platforms are used optimally.
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Digipath Digital Recruitment within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Digipath Digital Recruitment, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.
Posted on 16 Nov
Apply by email to Caron Atkins – email@example.com
Paid Social Media Specialist
|Remuneration:||R20000 – R25000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||21 days paid annual leave, flexible hours, no dress code|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Gnu World is looking for an individual with exceptional attention to detail and significant experience in paid social media marketing. Additional paid marketing experience is advantageous.
- Formulate paid social media campaign strategies
- Identify and evaluate potential social marketing channels per client
- Allocate and manage paid social media budgets across multiple client accounts
- Take on responsibility for all activity required to proficiently create and run campaigns
- Support all social media posting and content marketing initiatives
- Analyse the performance of campaigns, identify strategic opportunities and facilitate change in order to improve KPIs
- Use performance metrics to provide input on social media and website content plans
- Build and maintain custom audiences across all client accounts
- Support other team members with research and insights that lead to effective cross-channel media strategies
- Analyse competitors’ social media marketing footprints
- Upskill other members of the team, where required, on best practice for paid social campaign execution
- Demonstrate measurable success through the achievement of set KPIs
- Two or more years’ paid social experience and at least four years working in a digital marketing environment
- Extensive experience working with Facebook Ads and Facebook business manager
- Experience working with Twitter Ads
- Marketing degree/diploma or other related qualification
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of Photoshop or an equivalent program
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- LinkedIn Ads experience
- Google Adwords experience
- Native advertising experience
- Instagram advertising experience
- Pinterest Ads experience
- Snapchat Ads experience
- DoubleClick experience
- Media buying experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Open, honest and direct
Gnu World is an established digital marketing agency that has provided web design, development and marketing services since 2000. We operate offices in Black River Park, Observatory, Cape Town and in Sunninghill, Johannesburg.
What we can offer you
- friendly, expert team and caring management
- spacious office with lots of natural light in central and trendy Black River Park in Obs
- significant potential for growth and development in a mature company
- 21 days paid annual leave
- no dress code (except for client meetings)
- flexible working hours – say goodbye to gridlock!
- we’re focused on results and quality, not arbitrary rules
- informal, quiet working environment
- we’ll remember your birthday
- you’ll collaborate with experts in their fields.
If you do not hear back from us within two weeks of applying then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 10 Nov
Apply by email to Jonas Meister – firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Project Administrator/Researcher
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Accelerate Cape Town|
The premier business leadership organisation in Cape Town is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, and highly organised senior project administrator/researcher. As a membership organisation with corporate clients, we cover a range of activities dealing with economic issues and opportunities in a variety of industries, and thus, this role is ideally suited for someone with an interest in economic development.
- Relevant degree/diploma
- Five+ years of working experience
- Proven experience of managing projects
- Experience setting timelines and managing budgets
- Ability to research business and economic trends
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- General office support and business administration
- Computer skills – MS Office
- An understanding of and interest in economic development and politics
- An interest in event management
- B2B working experience
- Computer skills – MS Project, CRM (Salesforce), Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey
- Professional people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good work ethic
- Team player
- Integrity, accountability and reliability
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a team player, keen to learn and enjoys an intimate working environment. Note that as we occasionally host early morning and evening events, the role will require flexibility to attend these events. Salary is market related and start date is 8 January 2018. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com. Should you not receive a response from us within two weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 Nov
Apply by email to Nikky Dowding – firstname.lastname@example.org