List of SAWN Writing & Editing Services [http://sawn.co.za/list-sawn-writing-editing-services/]
|Remuneration:||negotiable basic salary|
|Benefits:||Training and development, free Friday lunches|
|Location:||Cape Town, Tygervalley Area|
If you’re reading this, it means you’re actively looking for new opportunities and personal growth; so naturally, we already like you. Snapplify is a fast-growing platform for distribution, reading and retail of digital books, magazines and newspapers. The awesome work you’ll be doing: We’ve said we’re looking for a copywriter. What we’re actually looking for is so much more. We need someone who lives and breathes stories. You’ve definitely read the Wikipedia article on the Hero’s Journey, attempted Nanowrimo, and have done every Buzzfeed quiz on what fictional character you are in real life. And you always get Hermione. Strunk and White are your prophets. You can never understand why people keep having the age-old paper vs e-book debate. You love all stories equally. We love them too, and we’re trying to make the digital ones more accessible and affordable. We need your help to do that. At Snapplify, we sell eBooks to everyone, but particularly to schools, colleges and universities. We’ve developed some pretty amazing technology that allows us to do this in areas with minimal connectivity or bandwidth. You’ll work with our marketing team to share the Snapplify story, and assist in the development of effective strategies for marketing our catalogue of 300 000 bestselling e-book titles. We’re a small team, and we have big dreams. So if you’re looking for a challenge that you’ll grow with, this is it. The ultimate goal is getting more people reading. Are you in?
Find out more about Snapplify by visiting www.snapplify.com
Skills and Qualifications
We’re less worried about your qualifications, and more concerned with your actual skill and passion for what you do. If you can prove your skill and passion to us, then we don’t need a piece of paper. We do however, require a sample of your writing: impress us.
- Previous experience working on an in-house marketing team or in an agency is advantageous.
- Previous experience selling books advantageous.
- BA degree or equivalent practical experience (3 years).
- Word wizardry, especially related to writing/blogging about books.
- A passion for reading and education.
- Design skill or familiarity with Photoshop advantageous.
- Familiarity with Google apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
What we need you to do
Please provide the following info/ items in addition to your CV, without which your application will not be considered:
- To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a sample of your writing (preferably based on Snapplify)
- Be sure to put “Copywriter” in your subject line.
Note: Your cover letter is much more important than your CV. We want you to tell us who you are as a person, and why you are perfect for this job. Writing a great cover letter shows us that you are a proficient communicator, that you pay great attention to detail, and that you’ve done your research. We don’t employ people who are just looking for a job. We’re more than that. We know you are too. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
|Remuneration:||R8000 – R9500 per month Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Cognite Branding & Marketing is a Johannesburg based company that is looking for a great copywriter that has a passion for digital marketing. You can also work from your own home. Yes, you read that correctly. Position becomes available at 01 May 2017.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Copywriting (The core skill that you need. Will be used for content generation for websites, brochures and articles, but may only take up 20% of total work time.)
- Search Engine Optimisation on WordPress websites (Bonus skills, both can be taught)
- Paid Promotion Setup & Administration (Adwords/Social Media Paid Campaigns) (Bonus skill, but can be taught)
- Content Marketing (Generating content for social media profiles) (Bonus skill, but can be taught)
- Executive Summaries (Monthly reports to clients) (Training will be provided)
Details of position:
- Exciting position to grow your copywriting ability and understanding the digital marketing landscape. This position will allow you to see the big picture when it comes to understanding and marketing a company.
- Cognite has been a telecommuting company since it opened 12 years ago. For the first month or so you may be required to come in for training, but then you can work from your own home. We do not use centralised offices.
- You will be in constant contact with all personnel through skype, email and cell phone if you need any support.
- Internet data and business related cell phone costs are paid for by the company.
- Kilometres travelled for business related duties will be reimbursed (Not transport to/from work)
- Includes a three month probation period
- Paid extra incentive work, if available
- 15 days of annual leave
- We generally close 15 Dec to 2 Jan as extra leave time above annual leave. This means you get approximately 27 days actual leave annually. This is subject to operational requirements.
- We normally have a company lunch every month, with a basic team building event every third month. It’s nice to catch up and ‘chew the fat’.
- Office hours are from 8am to 4pm, with 30 minutes lunch time. This may change for operational purposes, but this is how it currently works.
- We may close on Fridays at 3pm, based on the combined performance of the company during that week
Branding and marketing company, based in Johannesburg. We are passionate about growing our clients’ businesses through well-balanced marketing processes.
- A copywriting degreeor at least two years’ working copywriting experience
- Examples of published copywriting
- Own dependable transport and valid driver’s license (This is non-negotiable)
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Skills that you would need, but that we can teach you if required. If you already have experience in these then it will be a definite added bonus:
- Understanding Search Engine Optimisation
- WordPress Content Management System experience (For SEO and adding articles to a website)
- Paid promotion setup and administration (Adwords/Social Media Paid Campaigns)
- Content marketing (Generating content for social media profiles)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (Not really required, but can make your life easier. We do have a full design department)
Who you are is just as important as what you can do. We need you to be a:
- Intelligent individual with great work ethic
- Creative, quality-minded individual with a focus on getting the job done.
- Person that has an insatiable appetite for knowledge.
Posted on 12 Apr 11:38
|Remuneration:||R10000 – R12000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
We’re a local digital advertising agency in Pretoria, with an international footprint, looking for a digital copywriter to join our team.
- Collaborate and develop creative concepts for a client’s digital marketing initiatives
- Responsible for editing and proofing materials
- Ensure a consistent brand presence is maintained across all platforms
- Write for a variety of industries projects while not compromising creative quality
- Support social team in areas of interaction design that require marketing or instructional communication
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and creative brief development
- Relevant education in communications, journalism, English, etc.
- Two+ years’ experience in an advertising or interactive agency preferred
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Ability to effectively communicate through any platform, including verbally, written, social media, email, SEO, and PR
- Own reliable transport
- Is deadline-oriented and able to multitask
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is self-motivated, with strong work ethic and attitude
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented
- Is self-sufficient and able to make decisions on their own
- Is comfortable around technology and willing and able to quickly learn new software
- Fun and creative
To start as soon as possible.
Please email your full CV as well as a picture of yourself and include your words per minute you type to email@example.com
Posted on 10 Apr 14:25
Content Editor and Mentor
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
Award-winning youth-drive agency, Livity Africa is looking for a content editor and mentor to shape and drive content for Livemag.co.za and other Livity content platforms, including Project Demo and DigifyAfrica.com. We are looking for a content editor and mentor to oversee production and mentor our team of trainee multimedia content producers.
Key areas of accountability:
- Maintaining a ‘facilitator’ role with the young contributors; guiding, advising, supporting and encouraging, but not ‘doing’.
- Ensure that a professional working atmosphere and environment is maintained where young contributors are positively engaged, productive, contribute constructively, and partake in activities.
- Support team manager with the management of volunteer mentors and inspiring speakers.
- Motivate, inspire, and teach contributors skills particularly, video production, subbing, and editing.
- Introduce new ideas and opportunities to contributors that will allow them to further their careers and skills development.
- This is a lead editorial position, you will be accountable for the growth of Live Mag, as well as advising and giving expertise on marketing content online and through partnerships in the media industry.
- Provide editorial mentorship to young contributors with regard to all content for Live SA, including journalism ethics, editing, and subbing.
- Managerial mentorship to upskill Livity Africa’s team of junior content producers and copywriters.
- Overseeing (as well as implement where necessary) efficient and professional delivery of advertorial/branded content.
- Supporting contributors in content creation across all platforms, which include Project Demo, Red Bull Amaphiko and Digify Africa, and incorporating one-on-one mentoring.
- Support integration of major content campaigns and working with various Livity teams delivering content.
- Work with the team manager and other editors on the organisation, management and execution of the induction process.
- Assist the team manager with ensuring contributors meet their deadlines and maintain/refine systems to ensure high quality output.
- To build industry relationships and actively pursue placement opportunities for young people post-internship in conjunction with the team manager and other mentors.
- Play a key role in the recruitment of suitable contributors together with the team manager.
- Maintain close communication with other mentors – in both the Johannesburg and Cape Town teams.
- Professional content experience, with a strong knowledge of digital journalism and multimedia content creation.
- Extensive knowledge of youth culture, current affairs, and politics.
- Energetic, engaging, natural leader with a patient and nurturing attitude toward young talent.
- Highly organised, with excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Well networked in the publishing and wider media industry.
- Clear and descriptive.
- Practical and proactive.
- Strategic thinking.
- Take a coaching approach to team management and development.
- Inspire trust, confidence, and motivation from your team, leadership, and clients.
- Encourage the highest editorial standards and work ethic within the editorial intern team.
- Fair and consistent.
- Team player.
- Take initiative.
- To live the Livity values of a purpose-first and entrepreneurial culture.
- Five to seven years’ professional content experience, with a strong knowledge of digital journalism and content creation.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Proven content marketing skills.
Livity Africa is an innovative, fast-growing company that believes every young person should have a voice and a vocation. Through groundbreaking work with partners including Google Redbull, the Omidyar Network and the British Council, Livity Africa helps thousands of young people every year realise their potential in media, politics, digital skills and creative industries, amongst others.
Posted on 13 Apr 14:54
Editorial/Social Media Intern
Are you passionate about food, fashion, decor, health and fitness? Then Highbury Media wants you to join our lifestyle department as a social media/editorial intern.
The ideal applicants should have:
- An interest in food, decor, fashion, beauty, health and fitness
- A firm grasp on the intricacies of the English language
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Proficient in social media platforms, specially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and WordPress
- A positive attitude
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent work ethic
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage themselves while juggling multiple tasks and deadlines
- The desire to learn
- Driver’s license and own transport
The successful candidate will be required to do the following:
- Manage social media campaigns and schedules
- Brainstorm fresh and original content ideas on a monthly basis
- Assist senior staff members with research
- Write short, punchy and catchy to style and tone of publications
- Ensure all content produced and sourced is engaging, reader-friendly and of a high editorial standard
- Fact-check and self-edit all work
- Constantly improve on own writing and editing skills under supervision
- Sourcing and assisting on shoots of various nature
Posted on 13 Apr 10:48
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Proof reader position within the retail sector. Please note that the successful candidate will start the position in Gauteng and then will need to relocate to Cape Town in September at their own cost.
Must have proofreading experience gained from the retail sector
Well-spoken and a good communicator
Must be willing and able to relocate to Cape Town in September
Posted on 11 Apr 16:51